Thursday, June 23, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Sunday, Father's Day, was a great day. It started off with the boys waking Erik up to give them their cards. The card Hagen and Cooper chose for Erik, was "A league of their own" themed card. When you opened it, Tom Hanks voice came on quoting, the famous line, "there's no crying, there's no crying in baseball!" This card especially applied to Cooper, as I am sure Erik had quoted that to him, more than once this season. Harper's card was a Cinderella themed card, "from Daddy's little princess". After the cards eneryone was dressed for church.

Erik, Hagen, Cooper and Harper. My children are so lucky to have the father they do, he is so patient, while I am not so much. He takes time to explain things to them. He is a wonderful Christian, hard working father, and I hope they always know how blessed they are to have him in their lives.

My three kids. I know it is not a good picture, but this is my very favorite dress Harper has, it has smoked strawberries on the collar.

Hagen made this Father's Day for Erik at church. My mom is one of his Sunday School teachers, and they are always making the neatest crafts and projects for the holidays. The same four women have been teaching the four and five year old Sunday School class at our church, for at least the last twenty-five years. They were actually my teachers when I was that age!

After church we went to my parents house and enjoyed a wonderful meal of roast, sausage, mashed potatoes, fried squash, pinto beans and corn on the cob and of course strwaberry cake and banana pudding. My mother is the best cook and really out did herself.

Happy Father's day


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment