Thursday, February 3, 2011

Burr...It's cold....... Wednesday and Thursday

My goodness!! It is cold. I am definately a Texas girl and do not like weather under about 45 degrees. So three days with 15-20 degree temperatures is enough for me. We have spent most of our time inside, as Hagen said "he only likes to ride his bike when it is a little cold, and mom, it is a lot cold!" On Wednesday, when erik got home form work, he picked up Hagen and they headed to Mr. "W"'s house "to do something".

This is what they came home with! I promised an update, so here it is..
Yes, those are the bobcats I mentioned earlier and they now are residing in the freezer at my house. Erik, is giving one of them to a lady he works with, and he is still planning to have the other one mounted. I am starting to think that I may buy Erik his own deep freezer for Father's Day. That way, he will have his own personal storage place for all of his dead animals. I currently have a deer, a spread of turkey feathers, and now two boccats in mine. Thank goodness I have two freezers.

While Erik and Hagen were shooting bobcats, Cooper was dressing up as a princess. This obsession of his has spiraled out of controlled, any suggestions would be welcomed!
Harper in her "My hairbows rocks outfit" and peace sign pants, MBM.

Thursdays are Erik's short days at work, so we decided to go on a little field trip when he got off. Erik talked to Mr. "W" earlier in the week and found out that he had a large boar hog caught in a trap in my Dad's pasture. Hagen loves anything that has to do with hunting, so we decided to take everyone to see the hog.
And here it is....

Hagen aiming at the hog with his "BB" gun.

Cooper was a little scared so he decided to watch with me from inside the truck.

Harper slept through the whole thing with her blanket and heater.

The steers wondering what we were doing and where in the world was their feed??

Before leaving the pasture we stopped to let the boys slide on the ice!! I believe this was their first time for ice, they loved it.

That night, the boys decided to have a football game. They thought is would be great if Harper could be their cheerleader! At this point, I am just thankful the cheerleader was not Cooper.

Harper an I decided earlier this week, after watching Michael Waddell's turkey hunting movie for the third time in a row and the boys sitting on the couch with their toy guns and pretending to turkey hunt, that there was more to life than sports, hunting and wild animals. So on Tuessday we attended our first Matilda Jane trunk show at my friend Leslie's house. We are "ADDICTED", and I can not wait to post a picture of Harper Kate in her first Matilda Jane dress so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment