Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cooper starts pre-school..... and gets a kiss??

After much debate, I finally made the decission that it would be a good idea for both of us if Cooper started pre-school. So I called the director of the Methodist pre-school in our town, and she said that she had a spot and Cooper could start the next day. Sign us up!!! That had to be a sign. So, on Tuesday morning after dropping Hagen off at his school, Cooper, Harper and I ventured over to the church for Cooper's first day. As you may guess Cooper was objecting the whole car ride. So after meeting in the gym and Cooper seeing a few friends he already knew, and meeting Mrs. Terri, Cindy and Linda it was time for mommy to leave. Oh my, what a dramatic child I have, Mrs. Terri had to physically drag Cooper down the hall! And I know this sounds awful, but no I was not upset, I have listed the following reasons why....
1) Cooper already knew three other children there, one being his treasured friend Presley, and another our neighbor.
2) I have known for many years all three of the ladies teaching the school. My mother actually taught two of them in high school, and one of the ladies teaching, I was childhood friends with her daughter and spent many nights at her house.
3) He only attends school Tues, Wed, and Thurs. from 8:15-11:15. Yes, you read that correctly only three hours in the morning.
4) Cooper is a master manipulator, (one of the reasons I love him) and his fit was all part of his plan.

As you may guess when I picked Cooper up that day, he absolutely loved it and now can not wait to go in the mornings.

On Wednesday, I picked Cooper up and I asked him what he liked best about school today? He answered, "I got to hug Presley."
Presley is a little girl Cooper met at swimming lessons this summer. Let's just say they hit it off and became instant frieds. Even though Presley is a little older than him, she will actually start kindegarden with Hagen next year. Cooper loves to talk about Presley. Above, is a picture of them at Halloween this year.

I text Presley's mom later that day to tell her what Cooper had said. She text me back and informed me that when Presley got in the car that day she said, "Mom, don't be mad but Cooper kissed me! But it was only on the cheek." Wow, apparently my three year old is doing more than just hugging. Presley's mom laughed because earlier that week she had told her not to get in someone's face because of it being flu season and the spread of germs. So Presley was not concerned that her mom would be mad over the kiss but the possibility of the spread of germs. Of course, I talked to Cooper about not kissing on the face and not spreading germs that afternoon. So the next day when I picked him up, he said, " Mom, I just kissed Presley on the hand today!" All I can say is, he makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment