Monday, January 24, 2011

The "Neighborhood" Petting Zoo

On Friday, Erik came home from work with an adventure for the boys. A very exciting trip to what I am going to refer as "our neighborhood zoo". There is a gentleman that lives down the street that hunts on some of my dads land, trapping wild hogs and things of that nature, he also happens to be a patient of my husband's. Lets just say his backyard is nothing short of an exoctic petting zoo! And for those of you who do not know I live right in the middle of town. Only in small town East Texas people! The boys were so excited, they jumped in the car and headed down the street. I stayed at home with Harper and they could not wait to show me the pictures when they got back. I laughed, because Erik commented I got you some pictures for your blog!! He is starting to catch on.
Mr. "W's" backyard is complete with .....
Goats

A wild turkey that was found at the town laundry mat.

Wild hogs he has raised from piglets, apparently that you can walk up to and pet.

......all living together in unison.

Hagen and Cooper petting the ducks.

And the most exciting "exhibit" of all....
A BOBCAT!!!! Mr."W" caught this in a trap on one of my dad's pastures. Do not worry this cat was triple locked in numerous cages. How scary! Hagen loved seeing it, Cooper hated it. And the best news of all, Erik has talked Mr. "W" into giving him this thing, dead of course. His plan is to store it in the freezer, yes right next to the frozen vegetables, until spring when he is going to have it stuffed!! Erik and Hagen are so excited about this. Why? I do not know. And just to add Hagen informed me "he would love to have that bobcat in his room!" I will be sure to update everyone on this situation this spring. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. COURTNEY, LOVE THE PICTURES, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WITH THE KIDS.

    ReplyDelete