Monday, February 21, 2011

Harper Kate's Silver Cup

On Saturday February 12th, Harper received her first piece of silver. An engraved silver cup. I have the privelage of being a member of the Mabank Halcyon Club. A club that was formed in 1931, by five women and has consisted of twenty members at all times since that date. I am by far the youngest member of the club but I so enjoy the fellowship with women from a variety of different generations. My mother has been a member of the club since I was a girl and I have been a member for the last three years after moving back to Mabank. The club meets every second and fourth Tuesday of the month, has refreshments and a program on a variety of topics.One of the bylaws of the club is to purchase a silver cup for anyone that has a baby in the club, a tradition over the last eighty years. Saturday was the club's 80th Anniversery Breakfast, where Harper received her silver cup.

The twenty active members of the club and one retired member, at the Anniversery Breakfast.


Something special to cherish for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment