Friday, March 18, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My!

Yes! Spring is here. I am so excited to be outside with my now "3" children. Last Friday we decided to take an adventure to the Dallas Zoo. My sister, Meghan, aka. "aunt Mae-Mae", was out on spring break and she thought it would be a great adventure. So off we went on our little field trip. Our first one since the arrival of baby Harper. I did get a little sinking feeling in my stomach when we arrived and saw approx. 15 school busses lined up in the parking lot. Mae-Mae and I were going to have our work cut out for us. But I do have to say, Harper did great and my boys were so well behaved, I breathed a sigh of relief. We had a great time!

The entrance of the Dallas Zoo

The boys loved the elephants.

Aunt Mae-Mae, Hagen and Cooper. As you can see Cooper was not really in the mood for pictures, so true to form.

Feeding the Giraffes. As you can see right about the time we started to feed them, we got mobbed by a bunch of 4ft. tall aliens, aka. kindergartners. I was amazed how the Giraffes just came right up to you.

The Alligator. Not sure who the little girl is put she was adiment about joing in on the picture!

Loved the Camels.

The Zoo has an exhibit right now, "Ghosts of the Bayou". This was perfect for Hagen. Those of you who don't know, Hagen loves the show,"Swamp People", on the History Channel. For Christmas he actually asked for a toy swamp boat, where he could go what he calls, "swamping". We live in East Texas, but not deep East Texas, there are no Bayou's in Mabank. However, there is a large lake where my friend Lauren's dad actually caught an Alligator a few years back. Maybe I should let Hagen go fishing with Mr. Tommy?

Alligators, Sankes and my sweet boy Hagen.





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment