Sunday, May 1, 2011

Supplies for Alabama

Hi everyone,
Wow what a week this has been, in this country and especially the south. The more pictures, and information released the bigger impact the destruction makes on me. I feel so deeply for those who have been affected by this horrific storm. I can help but count my sweet blessings that this was not my family. And oh, how easily this could have been. Please take a peek at this YOU Tube video that was taken in my East Texas town of Mabank, Tuesday afternoon. I am so thankful to the good Lord we were spared. Homes were just slightly damaged to my knowledge and no injuries or deaths.

That being said, I feel the need to help. Even though it may just be a small speck in what is needed. I came across a mama from Alabama on a facebook page Saturday night, describing the devistation in her area. She luckily is fine and still has here home, but MANY she knows do not. I felt led to contact her through facebook, and offer to send supplies. The mail is delivering in her town as it was not hit the hardest. But the area she was from 20 minutes away was destroyed. They are in need of supplies such as: baby formula, diapers, canned food, bread, water, pillows and blankets to name a few. I am gathering supplies and will hopefully be able to ship Tuesday and Friday of this week. But I need help!! If you would like to donate supplies, or contribute to shipping costs please contact me through this blog or facebook. I had her email me pictures of the destruction of the area I am targeting helping. The pictures speak for themselves!


Please consider helping!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment