Friday, January 27, 2012

Miss Harper Kate turns one!

Saturday, December 17, 2011 was the BIG day Harper Kate's party. We LOVE birthdays here at the Tijerina's, especially first birthdays. I was so excited to get to plan a "girl" party, even though it was just a few days before Christmas. I am a firm believer that pinterest is the best thing since sliced bread, and I was so excited when I found a picture of a nutcracker ballet party on one of my friend's boards. Pink and red with nutcrackers and ballerinas would be the theme for her party.
The Cake....


If you can't tell, this cake is a made by mommy oiginal! Following Hagen's Christmas party on Thursday, this was next on my to do list. So I turned on the coffee and got started, hours later around 3:30 am, Erik appeared out of the bedroom, pink icing was everywhere, I was learning how to make icing flowers on you tube, Christmas carols were blaring and Gordon our elf had turned the milk red....he jsut looked at me, smiled and said "I really think you have lost your mind". I know I am not the next cake boss or cake mama, but I do think the cake turned out pretty well.

The ballerina cake topper.

Red velvet cupcakes...I used my grandmother's recipe, which I must add is the bes red velvet cake recipe on the planet, just ask Erik.

Pink lemonade tea cakes, another pinterest find, these were fabulous! Th platter and most of the other china were my other grandmother's.

Chocolate covered marshmellos....made by daddy;)

These amazing cookies were made by Cookin Cousins in Canton. They actually hand cut the ballerina slippers. They sell these amazing cookies for $14 per dozen, and they tast great as well!

A pinterest find, snowballs..

Pink and pearl gumballs.

The Nutcracker Aunt Blaire gave Harper for her first birthday.

I found this lollipop kit at Party City, very easy to personalize your own.

All of Harper's shoes she wore during her first year.

The pink plate I found at Canton for everyone to sign.

Big brother signing her plate.

We had Crista Couch our photographer come to the party and she did a wonderful job of capturing some great pictures.

Oh....how I want to touch that cake...Cooper before the party.

I love this picture of Harper's ornament.

KK and Harper.

My dad (Pops), Harper and I.

Nanny and Harper.

My grandad (G-paw), Cooper and Payton. I treasure these pictures.

Family picture.

Getting ready for Santa to visit.

Ho Ho Ho ...Happy Birthday Harper!
Santa aka. Bobby was so gracious enough to come make a santa visit for us1
I think he makes a great santa, Mrs. Nancy and Mr. Bobby watch Harper sometime during the week and came to be part of her party.

I'm not scared as long as I have my thumb.

Hmmmm.. Let me see.... Is this not the most classic Santa picture ever?

Ok...this is what I need.

My sweet kids.

Presley would only go see Santa if Cooper went with her! Look at Coop's smile.

Harper opening her doll mommy and daddy gave her.

The doll has a tiny birthmark on her left cheek, just like Harper's.

Blowing out her candle.

Yummy Cake..

What a special day this was that I will always cherish.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. stumbled across you by accident, looking through Jennisa's other blog designs (i liked the look of yours!)... you are making me want a little girl to throw a lovely pink party for!!! still looking forward to throwing a blue party in September :-) x

    ReplyDelete