Monday, May 9, 2011

Harper Kate's Baby Dedication

Baby dedication was Sunday May 8, 2011. Mother's Day. I don't believe we could have picked a better day to dedicate our little girl. A beautiful day with a beautiful little girl. Our church only does baby dedication every couple of years so there was quite a few babies and toddlers to dedicate. Our Pastor Brent read beautiful scripture and presented the charge to the congregation and parents. Harper behaved wonderfully and did not cry, I was shocked! Those of you that have met Harper know that she likes to make her presence known. I do have to say that my little girl looked beautiful that day. She wore the dress that she came home from the hospital in. This dress is by far my favorite and I was so excited when I found that she could still squeeze into it for this special occasion. Since this dress has been worn to all her momentous events, I wanted to add something special to it. I came across a picture of a label that had been hand embroidered and sewn into a dress on the internet. I just thought it added such a keepsake touch. I contacted Alicia, who I came in contact through my friend Leslie. Alicia is like a creative genious. She also has an etsy store, where she sells hand made and hand embroidered dresses. You can find all her contact info on her blog. They are wonderful, you should really check her out. I asked her to make me a label similar to what I had seen, that I could sew into Harper's dress.

This is what she created, I am beyond pleased. I sewed it into the slip of the dress. I think this makes her dress that much more special, hopefully she can hand it down to her daughter one day. I plan on having it framed in the future. Alicia exceeded all my expectations.

Waiting for the service to start. I am in LOVE with her hairbow, made to match her dress by Shannon at Cary Hairbows. Beautiful ivory ribbon, lace and hand sewn pearls.


I am so thankful for the lives of all three of my children, and am in awe that God has blessed me that I may be the one to raise them.


post signature

2 comments: