Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten!

Wow, Hagen's first day of school. Monday, August 22nd, the time had come to send Hagen on his way for his first day of kindergarten. He was excited! I had absolutely no trouble waking him up that morning. He had carefully laid his "first day of school" clothes out the night before, which he had picked out several weeks ago. With his back pack laid out and his lunch kit full and in the refridgerator he was ready to go. Erik, had pushed his schedule back where he could come along, and we were all so excited.

Breakfast before school, his favorite toaster struedels an eggs. I think he was a little nervous, because he only ate about half of his breakfast.

Ready to head off to school.

The front door of Central Elementary. He was able to walk in behind our Friends the McMannus's, he felt like a big boy.

Looking for his desk.

Thinking about opening up the playdough.

Erik and Hagen. I think Hagen was a litlle bit more excited in this picture.

We left the classroom after a few minutes with no tears being shed at all. I was excited for my big boy.

I returned home and was cleaning up around the house, when Cooper rolled out of bed around 9 and asked where Hagen was? I thought he might be upset so I explained to him that Hagen had started kindergarten today and he would be home later. Much to my suprise, Cooper smiled from ear to ear and said, "now I get to watch my movies today". Cooper totally enjoys being the big boy at home while Hagen is at school.

Cooper decided he wanted to watch Swiss Family Robinsons that morning, so we decided it would be fun to build a pirate ship out of pillows and dress up as pirates. Cooper of course, put on his goofy pirate hat, and we made Harper a hat out of an old bandana we found. Harper kept messing up the pillows, and "falling over board" which was really aggrevating Cooper! No tears shed for Hagen at this point.

I was so excited when 3 o'clock rolled around, I could not wait to hear about Hagen's day. When Hagen got in the car, I asked him, "how was your day?" I was so happy to hear, "it was awesome mom." After picking Hagen up from school, I decided it would be a great idea to head to Shorty's ice cream shop. Thankfully, KK was home to keep Harper and Cooper so I could spend this time with Hagen.

Eating his favorite, a strawberry sundae. He told me as much as he could remember about his day. He said, "they went on a tour and saw a music room where you could pick your own instuement and a real doctor's office, (aka. a nurse's office :). We returned home after that where he was so excited to see his brother and sister. Daddy, KK, Pops, mae-mae, bobo and nanny all called or came by and asked him about his day.

He was super excited to go back to school the next day.





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment