Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Eve


I somehow do not have any pictures of Christmas Eve,,,, I am so mad at myself about that.  Christmas Eve morning started with me working in The ER until about one that afternoon, when I arrived home Erik was just arriving home with the kids from a DQ trip, and I had quite a bit of cooking to do for Christmas Day.  While I was busy cooking, Erik busied himself making deer jerkey, and the kids had quite a few cookies to decorate for Santa. Of course we enjoyed watching our Christmas favorites, The Nativity Story and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation that afternoon.

That evening we ended a candlelight service at our church that evening with lots of family and friends, it was beautiful and I cherish that service and the beautiful music and decorations.  After church, we headed to Denny's to eat with my mom and sisters for the second year in a row, quirky I know but we enjoyed it.

After returning home, we let the kids pick one gift to open, a tradition Erik enjoyed as a child after his family returned for midnight mass.  Hagen picked a gift with under armour underwear and Mabank Panther socks.  Cooper enjoyed a gift with a new hoodie and t-shirts in it.  Harper was SO EXCITED to open a gift with an Isabelle outfit in her size.  I can still hear her scream in my head, it was priceless!

A Merry Christmas Eve!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment